Thursday, January 14, 2010

Onward with 2010!

I am *absolutely* delighted to tell you that I remembered to buy mustard! Of course, I forgot the cat litter, but you can't have everything. Tell that to my cat, who's only marginally okay with that omission on my part. I gave her a can of tuna and she's forgiven me. Sort of. You know how cats are.

Anyway, sure enough, that was all it took, this thing of mustard. $1.07 out of my pocket and we're well on our way into 2010.

I'm tackling the chaos that is my house. Not being able to bend my knee without hissing pain means that everything I'd have to kneel to get is pretty much still there. But necessity is the mother of invention, and I've figured out a way to get down to the floor level and crawl around. I think I look like a short, chubby giraffe when I go through the process to kneel though, so I never do it when anyone is around. The last thing I need is me on YouTube being giraffe-like. And, in keeping with the animal motif, I should also note that I look somewhat like a crab with a leg cramp when I edge my way across the floor. It's lovely. Just stunning.

And I have two more books to write this year! My lovely editor emailed me and I emailed her and she emailed me and I emailed her, and that's how it all works!

I feel like this calls for a veggie burger--WITH MUSTARD!

2 comments:

Kacie said...

MMMMmmm. Make one for me, too???

Seriously, a big congrats on the two new book contracts. And get up off the floor, honey. You look just like a giraffe! ;)

Love you!

Kacie

Pattie said...

Congrats on the books!
With love,
your local stalker who has yet to meet you...
soon, I will drop in.