I've been thinking. Okay, I know. That's a dangerous black hole sometimes, but bear with me. It'll be fascinating. I promise.
Here's what I've been thinking about:
1. Motivation. I came up with the COOLEST motivation ever and I love-love-love it but I don't which of two books I'll use it in. Ooh, it's good.
2. Wall Street. I don't know what just happened but somehow I lost at a game I didn't even know I was playing. I hope I had fun.
3. Clothing. Why do I keep buying the same thing over and over? I've been on a jacket/blazer bender for about a year and a half now. Enough. If you go shopping with me, just slap my hands away from anything that looks jackety. Point me to the skirts and pants. I won't be happy, but I'll go.
4. Weather.We're playing hide-and-go-seek with the last days of summer as they make their exit from this year. Okay, fine. However, this means a 30-40 degree change in one day. I'll be comfy in the morning (see Clothing, above) but by the afternoon I'm sweaty and grouchy.
5. Temperament. I've been snappish lately. A lot has really cranked me, and apparently my patience is truly limited. No, it's not you. And to be honest, it's not me either. It's that big cosmic dump truck again. But it'll go away. It always does.
6. Mechanical ability. Seriously. I fixed my dryer. Victory dance!
7. The Desiderata. I revisited this beautiful piece of writing earlier in the week, and it calmed me right down. If you haven't read it recently, take a look at it. (Yes, you can Google it.) You'll feel MUCH better after a gentle reading of it.
Of course this isn't everything I've been thinking about. I've graciously omitted discussing laundry, the election, and the fact that my lawn has been officially declared Tall Grass Prairie and is thus protected by law.
Have a good rest of the week!